PERIOD PROPERTY RESTORATION SPECIALISTS
Lime Culture Restoration is a division of GFW Property Management Company. Providing Artisan Craftsman using Traditional Methods for restoration
What We Do?
LIME CULTURE provides our clients with talented & experienced artisan craftsmen who are passionate in the field of Listed Property Restoration & the repair of Grade 1 & 2 Listed Period Buildings.
The Lime Culture service list is from a simple re-pointing, repair and renovation of stone or plaster features to a complete restoration. Our talent pool depth of experienced, expert and passionate artisan craftsmen to carry it out is almost unmatched.
The Lime Culture ethos is to use the same methods, tools and materials as the original builders and craftsmen. What they did, we can do, like for like. If required we can work with all the relevant bodies on your behalf as part of our service.
With our constant ongoing extensive research programme to ensure that materials used throughout the restoration, preserve the character & integrity of the building enables us to deliver the restoration property owners demand.
We are proud members of the Listed Property Owners Club and The Guild of Master Craftsmen. We also co-develop. Please ask us about current opportunities.
We look forward to working with you.
A Division of GFW Property Management
HISTORIC BUILDINGS RESTORATION
& RENOVATION SERVICES
- Full to Partial Rebuilds and Restoration Projects
- Lime Pointing: all rendering and plastering
- Interior/Exterior Brick Restoration & Replacement
- Exterior Cleaning and Regular Maintenance
- Boundary Wall Restoration
- Full Colour Matching Service for Bricks and Mortar
- Pebbledash and Render removal
- Quinquennial Reports
- Internal/External Brick Slips for Walls & Features
- Commercial Maintenance Contracts for Period Buildings
- Comprehensive stone service
- Cast Stone – Lintles, Pier Caps, Copings, Bay Windows
- Period Restoration and Contemporary Designs
- Solid, Fibrous, Internat/External
- Life Casting and Mould Making services
- Statuaries and Garden Features
Benefits of using Lime Mortar
Movement is accommodated in the bed joints, reducing the need for vertical movement joints; which greatly improves the aesthetics of buildings.
The building will have more tolerance to movement particularly in high buildings / structures.
Lime will improved breathability, which allows moisture vapor to move freely through the mortar joint effectively reducing the likelihood of frost damage in the brickwork.
“Preserving your building’s future and everyone’s past”
If it was built before 1920, to prevent any serious damage to your building’s fabric, lime is the only way you should be going.